- Hierarchy management and data governance remained the most sought after topics
- Vendors seemed to outnumber clients (We found this later not to be the case)
- Clients who were there remained at the technical level
- Projects were beginning to require a higher level of executive sponsorship
- Effective change management was beginning to become a critical success factor in all sizes of projects
- Customer projects (given the bias of the event) dominated discussions though other entity types such as products and location became ancillary requirements.
In general, this event was a great chance to catch up with others pursuing the development of MDM tools and solutions. And as always it was great to see my familiar faces from Siperian, Initiate, DataFlux, Purisma, IBM, Oracle, VisionWare and, i2 at the event.
(The personal contents in this blog do not reflect the opinions, ideas, thoughts, points of view, and any other potential attribution of my current, past, or future employers.)
Copyrighted 2007 by R Wang. All rights reserved